I think all Americans - adults, teenagers and children - should be taking a multivitamin. Period."
~Jeffrey Blumberg, Ph.D., Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
nutreince is intelligent daily health insurance.
We're confident in the quality of nutreince and its ability to help you achieve micronutrient sufficiency. We want you to feel confident as well. That's why we have put together a list of the most commonly asked questions regarding nutreince. Should you have another - send us an email. We would be glad to add it to the list."
~Dr. Jayson B. Calton & Mira Calton, CN
Inventors of nutreince
Founders of Calton Nutrition
Enjoy the great tasting AM Citrus Splash and PM Tropical Twist flavors of nutreince original or try nutreince natural - our unflavored, unsweetened version with unlimited possibilities!
Nutreince Most Commonly Asked Questions
Click each item below to discover more.
- How many packets are in one box?
- What is the shelf life?
- Where and how should I store nutreince?
- Is nutreince gluten free?
- Is nutreince suitable for children?
- Are any ingredients in nutreince organic?
- Why should I take nutreince?
- Is it safe to consume nutreince while pregnant or nursing?
- Is nutreince safe for Diabetics?
- Are there any medical conditions or medication that should not be used in conjunction with nutreince?
- Does it meet Kosher and/or Halal certifications?
- Is there any corn in nutreince? If so is it NON-GMO?
- Does nutreince contain or is it manufactured in a facility that processes any type of: Soy, Dairy/Milk, Casein, Maple, Nuts?
- I am lactose intolerant will nutreince be suitable for me?
- Is nutreince free of animal byproducts?
- Does nutreince require refrigeration?
- Is nutreince safe to take with blood thinners?
- Should nutreince be taken with food?
- What is the serving size?
- Does nutreince contain caffeine?
- What is the absorption rate of nutreince?
- Is nutreince suitable for menopausal woman?
- Why is it important that nutreince is formulated to not contain copper and iron?
- Q: How many packets are in one box?
A: 56 packets per box which is a 4-week supply.
- Q: What is the shelf life?
A: nutreince has a 2-year shelf life.
- Q: Where and how should I store nutreince?
A: We recommend storing nutreince in a cool dry place at room temperature.
- Q: Is nutreince gluten free?
A: Yes, nutreince is gluten free.
- Q: Is nutreince suitable for children?
A: nutreince is safe for children over the age of 4. Children under 4 can drink half a packet. Kids LOVE nutreince!
- Q: Are any ingredients in nutreince organic?
A: Many of the vitamins and minerals are not available as organic, but nutreince uses only the highest quality of all raw materials to provide you with a multivitamin product of the highest integrity.
- Q: Why should I take nutreince?
A: nutreince is not a substitute for a healthy diet. It is a supplement that works as an insurance policy to make up the micronutrients missing from your diet. .
- Q: Is it safe to consume nutreince while pregnant or nursing?
A: Not only is it safe to take nutreince during pregnancy and nursing, but during these vital times your micronutrient needs are increased. We have included the 400 mcg of folic acid that is typically recommended for pregnancy and nutreince is easy to drink, great tasting and doesn't cause stomach upset like many multivitamins. (We remind you to consult your health care provider before choosing any prenatal vitamin.)
- Q: Is nutreince safe for Diabetics?
A: Yes, nutreince is safe for Diabetics. We have added 150 mcg of chromium and 2000 IU of vitamin D to support healthy blood sugar levels and sweetened nutreince with all natural stevia rather than sugar.
- Q: Are there any medical conditions or medication that should not be used in conjunction with nutreince?
A: No. There are no known warnings against taking nutreince with any type of medication or medical conditions. We do recommend that those with medical conditions contact their health care providers to ensure safety.
- Q: Does it meet Kosher and/or Halal certifications?
A: nutreince does not have Kosher/Halal certifications.
- Q: Is there any corn in nutreince? If so is it NON-GMO?
A: Almost all citric acid comes from corn. However, we have specially sourced a NON-GMO citric acid for nutreince.
- Q: Does nutreince contain any type of: Soy, Dairy/Milk, Casein, Maple, Nuts?
A: nutreince does not contain Soy, Dairy/Milk, Nuts, Casein, or Maple.
- Q: I am lactose intolerant will nutreince be suitable for me?
A: Yes, nutreince is suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
- Q: Is nutreince free of animal products?
A: Yes, nutreince is free from animal products. However, vitamin D3 is derived from sheep's lanolin (a waxy substance from sheep's wool.)
- Q: Does nutreince require refrigeration?
A: No. nutreince does not require refrigeration.
- Q: Is it safe to take nutreince with blood thinners?
A: Yes, nutreince is safe for those on blood thinners. However, you should consult with your physician and tell them that you will be taking nutreince daily, and that nutreince contains vitamin K. Your physician may wish to adjust the dosage of your blood thinners. It is also important to let your physician know if you stop taking nutreince.
- Q: Should nutreince be taken with food?
A: While nutreince can be taken any time, we recommend that it is taken at least 20 - 30 minutes before or after a meal to reduce the chances of the micronutrients in nutreince competing for absorption with the micronutrients in your food. Additionally nutreince should be mixed with water or sparkling water for this same reason rather than juice or milk.
- Q: What is the serving size?
A: The recommended dose is 2 packets per day (1 AM packet & 1 PM packet) as they each hold a proprietary blend of the listed ingredients.
- Q: Does nutreince contain caffeine?
A: No, there is no caffeine in nutreince.
- Q: What is the absorption rate of nutreince?
A: Because nutreince is a powder there is no need for it to disintegrate like pills or capsules. This makes nutreince highly absorbable.
- Q: Is nutreince suitable for menopausal woman?
A: Yes. nutreince is great for menopausal women to take. The 600 mg of calcium, 400 mg of magnesium, 80 mg of vitamin K, and the 2000 IU of vitamin D are fantastic for keeping bones healthy and strong.
- Q: Why is it important that nutreince is formulated to not contain copper and iron?
A: Taking a multivitamin with copper is generally not recommended because too much copper in the body can hinder your body's ability to destroy the proteins that form the plaques found in the brain of Alzheimer's patients. Many Alzheimer's patients have been found to have elevated levels of copper, and in studies, it was determined that many of those effected took multivitamins with copper. Additionally, pregnant woman should avoid copper in multivitamins because copper levels can nearly double during pregnancy making toxicity a concern. Cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and liver damage are all common when taking supplements that include copper.
Iron is a vital mineral your body needs to function normally. However, the National Institutes of Health's Office of Dietary Supplements, has indicated that too much iron can cause serious health complications. Because of this, you may want to take an iron-free multivitamin to avoid iron overload, a medical condition that causes excess iron to be stored in vital organs such as the liver and heart. Too much iron may be toxic---and even fatal. In general, iron supplementation is not recommended for adult males and postmenopausal women. If you are a pre-menopausal woman, an athlete that works out for more than 6 hours a week, or a strict vegan/vegetarian you may want to consider iron supplementation. However, you should know that iron competes with ten (10) other micronutrients - making multivitamins formulated with iron highly susceptible to poor absorption rates. If you choose to use an iron supplement, you should take it at a separate time from your daily multivitamin.
Calton Nutrition Copyright ©2011