From those chalky little conversation candy hearts you enjoyed as a child to ornately decorated heart-shaped boxes of truffles and chocolates…giving “sweets to your sweetie” on February 14th is a tradition that has stood the test of time. This year, we challenge you to breakaway from giving traditional candies and instead try a healthy, and delicious alternative that may just become a romantic Valentines Day tradition in your home… we have bio-hacked brownies and produced a treat that has been shown to reduce stress, boost happiness and even increase arousal by up to 40%.
Our Bio-hacked brownies ingredients revealed.
- Dark Chocolate. We aren’t talking about the junky chocolate in store bought candy bars. Unlike those cheap sugary fixes, sugar free dark chocolate (which you will be using in this recipe) has a history of being used medicinally as a mood enhancer and even as an aphrodisiac. This is because chocolate causes the release of the “happiness neurotransmitters” – serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins. In fact, melting chocolate in one’s mouth produced an increase in brain activity and heart rate more intense than those associated with passionate kissing, and the effect lasted four times longer!
- Lavender Oil. It’s difficult to feel sexy when you’re stressed out. Removing anxiety and allowing a sense of peace and calm can really help you to get in the mood, and research shows that the scent of lavender can do just that. Many human studies have been done on lavender and have found that taken both orally and through aromatherapy, lavender has been shown to increase the overall feeling of wellbeing. Be careful when choosing a lavender essential oil, while our in.essence essential lavender oil is food grade and USDA certified organic most on the market are not.
- Pumpkin Pie spice. Did you know that the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago recently discovered that the scent of pumpkin pie was found to increase both sexual arousal in men and sexual desire in women. This is a real win-win in the bedroom.
- Vanilla. Is your man a little older? If so, you may want to keep some vanilla extract handy. Older men exhibited greater arousal from the scent of vanilla than their younger counterparts. In studies the sent of vanilla increase male arousal by 9%! Vanilla has been used as an ingredient in Chinese and French perfumes for centuries. Vanilla acts a natural aphrodisiac that simultaneously induces euphoria and relaxation. According to Dr. Craig Warren of the Sense of Smell Institute, “Vanilla produces the feeling of happiness universally around the world. Of all the materials that go in fragrances, vanilla is the most liked globally.”
- Avocado. The Aztecs called avocados – ahem, the Aztec word for testicles, due to their shape and actually forbade virgins from leaving their houses during the avocado harvest season for fear that they would become sexually overwhelmed. Avocados supply a good amount of healthy, monounsaturated fat, which is necessary for hormone production. They are also rich in vitamin B6 and potassium, both of which boost male hormone production and give you enough energy to last in the bedroom.
The combination of Lavender and pumpkin pie spice – UNDENIABLE AROUSING!
Forget about spritzing on a little Chanel No. 5 or Drakkar Noir. These manufactured scents are hormone blockers and endocrine system disruptors…and guess what? They don’t increase arousal. In fact, one study found that women exposed to the scent of men’s cologne actually had reduced vaginal blood flow! Instead, try the combination that really works to kick things into over drive for both men and women. Researchers at the Chicago-based Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, found that certain food scents trigger sexual arousal in men and women. And combination that proved to have the greatest effect on sexual arousal was the very same Lavender and Pumpkin Pie spice duo that we have in this recipe. The pumpkin pie-lavender mixture increased arousal — as measured by penile & vaginal blood flow — an whopping 40% in men and 11% in women!
Happy Valentines Day,
Mira & Jayson
Biohacked Brownies (A Recipe for Romance!) (Dairy-Free)
Makes 12 in a brownie pan
You can also make these as individual muffins or in small, personalized loaf pans
- 1 block dark Baker’s Chocolate (4 oz sugar-free)
- 1 Tbsp SKINNYFat Original
- 2 very ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup Stevita Delight chocolate drink mix
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp organic pumpkin pie spice (we love Primal Palate Spices freshness!)
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 5 Tbsp Lakanto sweetener
- 1 pinch of unrefined sea salt
LAVENDER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (optional)
- 8 oz organic cream cheese
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) organic, grass-fed salted butter
- 2 cups Lakanto sweetener
- 1 drop In.essence organic essential lavender oil (be careful, don’t add too much!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 6 x 9-inch baking dish with SKINNYFat or coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate and SKINNYFat in a small pot on the stove or in the microwave; do not burn.
- Place the avocados in a blender and process until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate and blended avocados.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and use a hand mixer or large wooden spoon to completely combine into a luxuriously dark batter.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep them extra fudgy!
- Optional: To create the frosting, beat all ingredients together and spread evenly on the cooled brownies.