What does a girl from upstate New York (Rochester near Buffalo) miss most about the area? Buffalo chicken wings of course! This Micronutrient Miracle approved buffalo chicken chili totally hits the spot by combining all of the wing flavors, including the blue cheese dip, in one delicious bowl. It's perfect as a lunch or dinner, or even as an entertaining dish. The following recipe serves 4.
- 1.5 lbs. ground organic pasture raised chicken (can sub organic grass-fed ground beef if you prefer or sprouted black beans to make this vegetarian/vegan)
- 4 tbsp. SKINNYFat original
- 1 lg. organic onion
- 2 stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 2 lg. carrots, peeled & chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 28 oz. can fire roasted diced tomato (organic and BPA free can)
- 2 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1 tsp. organic cumin
- 1 tsp. organic dried oregano
- ½ tsp. organic cayenne
- Unrefined sea salt and organic pepper to taste
- ½ cup organic crumbled blue cheese (gluten free!)
- 3 tbsp. organic white vinegar
1. Heat oil in large ceramic pot
2. Add in chicken and brown
3. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, fire roasted diced tomato and all the spices.
4. Cover and cook on low for approx. 4 hours. Option: after browning chicken in pot place all the ingredients in a slow cooker for 4 hours.
5. Mix in the blue cheese and vinegar just before serving.
Get more recipes just like this one when you pre-order our new book, The Micronutrient Miracle!