(1) J. L. Capper and R. A. Cady. A comparison of the environmental impact of Jersey compared with Holstein milk for cheese production J. Dairy Sci.95:165–176. (2012)
(7) Nuttall S, Martin U, Sinclair A, Kendall M. 1998. Glutathione: in sickness and in health. The Lancet
(9) Chatterton DE, Nguyen DN, Bering SB, Sangild PT. Anti-inflammatory mechanisms of bioactive milk
proteins in the intestine of newborns. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013 May 6.
(10) Rahman I, MacNee W. Oxidative stress and regulation of glutathione in lung inflammation. Eur Respir
J. 2000 Sep;16(3):534-54.
(13) Parodi PW. A role for milk proteins and their peptides in cancer prevention. Curr Pharm Des.
(14) De Rosa SC, Zaretsky MD, Dubs JG, Roederer M, Anderson M, Green A, Mitra D, Watanabe N, Nakamura H,
Tjioe I, Deresinski SC, Moore WA, Ela SW, Parks D, Herzenberg LA, Herzenberg LA. N-acetylcysteine
replenishes glutathione in HIV infection. Eur J Clin Invest. 2000 Oct;30(10):915-29
(16) Matsumoto H, Shimokawa Y, Ushida Y, Toida T, Hayasawa H. New biological function of bovine
alpha-lactalbumin: Protective effect against ethanol- and stress-induced gastric mucosal injury in rats.
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001 May;65(5):1104-11.
(17) https://www.cdc.gov/features/vitalsigns/cardiovasculardisease/. Accessed June 14, 2013.
(18) https://usdec.files.cms-plus.com/Publications/CardioHealth_English.pdf. Accessed June 14, 2013.
(19) Zhang X, Beynen AC. Lowering effect of dietary milk-whey protein v. casein on plasma and liver
cholesterol concentrations in rats. Br J Nutr. 1993 Jul;70(1):139-46.
(25) Mierlo CA, et al. Weight management using a meal replacement strategy: meta and pooling analysis
from six studies. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003 May;27(5):537-49.
(26) Weight management using a meal… [Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003] – PubMed – NCBI
(27) Fernstrom JD, Wurtman RJ. Brain serotonin content: physiological dependence on plasma tryptophan
levels. Science. 1971;173:149-52.
(28) Markus CR, Olivier B, Panhuysen GE, et al. The bovine protein alpha-lactalbumin increases the plasma
ratio of tryptophan to the other large neutral amino acids, and in vulnerable subjects raises brain
serotonin activity, reduces cortisol concentration, and improves mood under stress. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000
(29) Markus CR, Olivier B, de Haan EH. Whey protein rich in alpha-lactalbumin increases the ratio of
plasma tryptophan to the sum of the other large neutral amino acids and improves cognitive performance
in stress-vulnerable subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Jun;75(6):1051-6.
(30) Camfield DA, Owen L, Scholey AB, Pipingas A, Stough C. Dairy constituents and neurocognitive health
in ageing. Br J Nutr. 2011 Jul;106(2):159-74.
(31) Shertzer HG, Woods SE, Krishan M, Genter MB, Pearson KJ. Dietary whey protein lowers the risk for
metabolic disease in mice fed a high-fat diet. J Nutr. 2011 Apr 1;141(4):582-7.
(32) Lan-Pidhainy X, Wolever TM. The hypoglycemic effect of fat and protein is not attenuated by insulin
resistance. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Jan;91(1):98-105.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.