TREADMILL TALK TAKEAWAYS:
- Naturally occurring vitamin E exists in eight chemical forms (alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocotrienol)
- Vitamin E, along with Vitamins A, D, & K is fat soluble, meaning it should be consumed with some form of fat in order for it to be broken down, utilized and absorbed by the body. The RDI being 30 IU.
- In both studies, megadoses of synthetic Vitamin E were given, in some cases more than 20 times the RDI! Also, all 8 members of the Vitamin E family were not given together.
- The most recent study concluded that when the correct does of Vitamin E was given, it did in fact reduce the growth of lung cancer by 20%!
- We are not designed to take such a high dose of Vitamin E. We are also not designed to take synthetic Vitamin E or just one member of the Vitamin E family.
To read The SELECT Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial Study we referenced, Click Here
To read the most recent study by Dr. Martin Bergö Click Here