Is there a micronutrient deficiency PANDEMIC? ARE YOU AT RISK?
Calton Nutrition is founded on the belief that micronutrient deficiency is the most widespread and dangerous health condition of the 21st century and that it is at the root of many of the chronic health conditions and diseases plaguing the planet today. While many people still believe that these deficiencies only occur in third world countries, the truth is that micronutrient deficiency is a global pandemic, affecting every nation on the planet. Here are a few facts that you should know regarding the prevalence of micronutrient deficiency in America.
FACT: The United States Department of Agriculture states that:
- 9 out of 10 Americans are deficient in potassium.
- 8 out of 10 are deficient in vitamin E.
- 7 out of 10 are deficient in calcium.
- 50% of Americans are deficient in vitamin A, vitamin C, and magnesium.
When considering these statistics, the probability that you are included in at least one of the deficient groups in very high.
FACT: According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- More than half of the general population is vitamin D deficient regardless of age.
- About 70% of elderly Americans are vitamin D deficient.
- 90% of Americans of color are vitamin D deficient.
These statistics indicate that the need for vitamin D supplementation is immense.
FACT: Our ability to become micronutrient sufficient through eating the foods grown in our planet’s soil is improbable because:
- As early as 1936, Congress is told that the land is lacking of micronutrients causing over 99% of the American people to be deficient in essential minerals.
- In 1992, the Earth summit revealed that the situation had only become worse. Even after the initial warning in 1936, the land had only become more devoid of essential minerals.
- In 2003, News Canada reported that fruit and vegetables contain far fewer nutrients than they did 50 years ago. Potatoes, for example, had lost 100% of vitamin A content, 57% of vitamin C and iron, and 28% of calcium. The report examined data from the US Department of Agriculture involving vegetable quality. Over the entire 20th century the average mineral content in cabbage, lettuce, spinach and tomatoes, declined from 400 mg to less than 50 mg.
Sick, mineral depleted soil grows mineral depleted foods. The animals that we eat are being fed these micronutrient depleted vegetables and wheat. This means that the meat you buy is also far lower in health producing micronutrients than ever before. The bottom line is: “Sick soils mean sick plants, sick animals, and sick people.”
FACT: All of the above statistics point to the fact that a large majority of our population is micronutrient deficient and in need of proper supplementation.
While we believe that an individual’s primary source of micronutrients should be from whole, natural, fresh foods, it is also our belief that reaching the recommended daily intake of all of the essential micronutrients is difficult, if not impossible through foods alone. In fact, our research shows that even when following today’s most popular diet programs, designed by physicians and nutritionists, millions of people around the world are left deficient of their essential vitamins and minerals. CLICK HERE TO READ THE STUDY THAT FOUND THAT TODAY’S MOST POPULAR DIET PLANS LEAVE INDIVIDUALS OVER 56% DEFICIENT IN ESSENTIAL MICRONUTRIENTS.
FACT: We are not the only ones who believe supplementation should be recommended to fill in the nutritional gap.
- The American Medical Association (AMA) recently reversed their longstanding stance against multivitamins due to overwhelming research that there was a large percentage of the population deficient in micronutrients. “The Journal of the American Medical Association today is advising all adults to take at least one multivitamin pill each day.”
- Harvard School of Public Health recommends everyone to “take a multivitamin daily as an inexpensive nutrition insurance policy.”
- According to four-time New York Times bestselling author Dr. Mark Hyman, “a whopping 92 percent of us are deficient in one or more nutrients at the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) level…The RDA standards do not necessarily outline the amount needed for optimal health.”
- Dr. Mehmet Oz reports that “A study of 3 million people revealed that less than 1% of the participants got enough essential vitamins from diet alone. That’s why you must take a multivitamin; it also helps prevent heart disease, breast cancer and colon cancer.”
The bottom line is, the micronutrient deficiency pandemic is real, but the power to prevent micronutrient deficiency is in your hands. By reading THE MICRONUTRIENT MIRACLE you can learn how to become micronutrient sufficient and achieve extraordinary health.