While traveling in London, it became immediately evident to us that this city is the best place to get great Indian food. So, that is why we decided to give one of Great Britain’s most traditional comfort foods, shepherd's pie, a spicy new makeover. It was such a huge hit at our Sunday extended family dinners that we included it in our brand new book, The Micronutrient Miracle!
Here is a sneak peek recipe from the book, you can preorder it here (be sure to hang on to your receipt, we have a big announcement coming!)
- 1 head organic cauliflower, chopped
- 2 TBS organic, grass-fed salted butter
- 2 TBS organic cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp organic onion powder
- Unrefined sea salt and organic pepper to taste
- 2 TBS SKINNYFat Olive
- 2 organic onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5lb organic gras-fed beef
- 2 TBS organic curry powder
- 2 TBS organic tumeric
- 1 TBS organic cumin
- 1/2 tsp organic ginger
- 1/2 TBS organic cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tsp organic ground red cayenne pepper
- 1 bag organic frozen peas
- 2 organic carrots, cubed
Prepare the Cauliflower Mash and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the SKINNYFat. Cook the onions and garlic until the onions just begin to become translucent.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
Add in all the spices, peas, and carrots. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
Spread the meat mixture across the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Create a second layer on top with the Cauliflower Mash. You can refrigerate until needed or pop it in an oven at 350°F until piping hot.
Love this recipe? Keep an eye out for more from The Micronutrient Miracle!