Bom apetite! That is how you say “enjoy your meal” in Brazil. And if you ordered moqueca, you would be enjoying it for sure. This fish stew, traditionally from Bahia, Brazil, is incredibly delicious, and even individuals who don’t love fish will be humming through the bowl. Here is our Micronutrient Miracle approved moqueca recipe (this will serve 4)!
- 6 Tbsp SKINNYFat Original
- 1 organic onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 organic red bell pepper (roasted, if you have time), diced
- 1 can (28 oz) organic diced tomatoes (BPA-free can)
- 1 organic green chile pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lb of wild-caught white fish (grouper, mahimahi, flounder, and snapper all work well), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 Tbsp organic ground red cayenne pepper (We use 1 Tbsp, but we like it hot!)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk (or whole cream, if you don’t want it as sweet)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Unrefined sea salt to taste (for us, 1⁄2 tsp)
- Organic pepper to taste (for us, 1⁄2 tsp)
- Heat the SKINNYFat in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for several minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook for several minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chile pepper, fish, cayenne, and cilantro, and simmer gently until the fish begins to flake.
- Pour in the coconut milk and cook just until heated through; do not boil. 6. Add the lime juice and season with the salt and black pepper
If you love this recipe let us know and make sure you share it with others! Also don’t forget to sign up for your FREE Micronutrient Miracle Motivation and Resource Center membership at MyMiraclePlan.com. There you will find more great Micronutrient Miracle recipes and coupons for Rich Foods and $20 in coupons for Calton Nutrition products including nutreince, SKINNYFat and IN.POWER.