What is a nutrivore?
A nutrivore is a person who understands the health producing and disease preventing power of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, and accessory micronutrients) and strives for micronutrient sufficiency through their diet and supplementation program. While a nutrivore knows that food is the best source of essential micronutrients, they also know that many of today's food choices have been depleted of their vital micronutrients through depleted soil, transportation and storage time, and food preparation methods. They also understand that a variety of common everyday factors called Everyday Micronutrient Depleters (EMDs) can rob the body of additional micronutrients. These include:
- Taking prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Drinking alcohol
- Eating foods containing oxalic acid and phytates
- Strenuous Exercise
- Eating Energy Dense Nutrient Poor (EDNP) foods
- Drinking beverages that contain phosphoric acid, caffeine, sugar or High Fructose Corn Sugar (HFCS).
Because of this, a nutrivore strives to achieve micronutrient sufficiency by eating a micronutrient rich diet, eliminating as many EMDs from their life as possible, and utilizing a complementary supplementation program.
What kind of diet does a nutrivore follow?
For a nutrivore, the main objective of a healthy diet is not just obtaining his or her optimal weight, but achieving optimal health. A nutrivore lifestyle can be achieved regardless of which dieting style an individual prefers to follow. Whether following a vegetarian, vegan, low carbohydrate, low fat, Mediterranean, raw or any other type of dietary philosophy, a nutrivore chooses to eat micronutrient rich foods, reduce their EMDs and fill in their nutritional gaps by taking proper supplementation. By doing this, a nutrivore can achieve a healthy weight, prevent and reverse disease, and achieve long-term optimal health.
What are the health benefits of a nutrivore lifestyle?
Following a nutrivore lifestyle can:
- Reduce your out of pocket health expenses by becoming an all-natural insurance policy against illness and disease.
- Bring about natural weight loss.
- Prevent and reverse numerous micronutrient deficiency based health conditions plaguing the world today including:
- Coronary heart disease
- Decreased immunity
- Neural Tube Defects
- Age related macular degeneration
- Heightened homocysteine levels
- Binge eating
- Kidney stones
- High triglycerides
- and many others
The Bottom Line
Micronutrient sufficiency is the key to disease prevention and optimal health. A nutrivore lifestyle combines 3 simple steps to achieve a healthy weight, prevent and reverse disease, and achieve long-term optimal health:
- Eat a diet rich in essential micronutrients.
- Eliminate as many Everyday Micronutrient Depleters (EMDs) as possible.
- Use supplementation that meets the ABCs of Optimal Supplementation Guidelines to fill in nutritional gaps.
Are you a NUTRIVORE? Support the movement. Together we can make a Difference. Download a button for your website today.
To read more about NAKED CALORIES CLICK HERE
To take our FREE micronutrient sufficiency quiz CLICK HERE.
To learn about Anti-Competition Technology and how it affects your choice of supplementation: CLICK HERE
Ready to eat RICH FOOD? Do you know how to identify a Rich Food from a Poor Food in the grocery store? Click here to learn more and get our expert advice on the best choices in every aisle.