Quick Tandoori Shrimp
- 1 tsp organic chili powder
- 3⁄4 tsp organic curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp organic ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1⁄2–1 tsp organic ground red cayenne pepper (optional)
- 11⁄2 lb medium to large wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can also do a tandoori mixed grill by cutting other protein into bite-size pieces for broiling)
- 1 medium organic onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 10 sprigs fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Raise the oven rack to just 6 inches from the broiler.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. Combine all the dry spices in a bowl.
4. Toss the shrimp and onion rings in the bowl to coat them.
5. Arrange the coated shrimp and onions on a baking sheet.
6. Cook the shrimp and onions until pink and opaque (approximately 7 minutes).
7. Remove the shrimp from the oven and sprinkle them with the cilantro and lime juice.
8. Serve with the Cooling Cucumber Raita (page 287 in The Micronutrient Miracle)