WHAT’S THE SKINNY ON SKINNYFat?
SKINNYFat & SKINNYFat Olive are great-tasting, fat-burning, brain-boosting, energy-enhancing oils that produce real results backed by real science.
How many times have you tried the latest diet gimmick to lose weight or found yourself purchasing an energy product to regain some of your lost strength and stamina — only to find out the promised weight loss was really just a starvation diet in disguise, or that the energy product made you jittery and contained potentially dangerous stimulants you don’t feel comfortable using on a daily basis? SKINNYFat is different!
SKINNYFat doesn’t restrict calories or contain stimulants of any kind. Instead, SKINNYFat uses the power of nature to burn fat and provide sustained natural energy. No tricks, no gimmicks, just add SKINNYFat to your healthy diet and experience its amazing benefits today.
SKINNYFat GIVES YOU THE BENEFITS OF THE HEALTHIEST OILS IN THE WORLD IN ONE EASY TO USE PRODUCT
SKINNYFat brings the health benefits of some of the healthiest oils in the world – including organic virgin coconut oil, medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) and organic extra virgin olive oil into your kitchen, making it easy to avoid highly processed, genetically modified oils, such as corn, canola, and soybean. We’ve found a way, through our patent–pending formulations, to optimize the unique benefits of these health-enhancing oils, while solving the individual challenges of each, so that you can easily integrate them into your favorite recipes and start improving your health today.
THE SKINNY ON ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
You’ve probably already heard about the scientifically proven, heart-healthy, cholesterol-normalizing, immune-supportive, thyroid-boosting, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-protozoal properties of organic virgin coconut oil (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8). However, there is a problem using coconut oil in your favorite recipes – it makes everything you prepare taste like coconuts. Additionally, because coconut oil is solid at room temp (76°F) it can be hard to work with in the kitchen.
THE SKINNY ON MCT OIL
If you haven’t heard about MCT oil yet, you’re going to love this: MCT simply stands for medium chain triglycerides, specialized fats that have been naturally extracted from coconut or palm oil. Not only is it nearly impossible for your body to store MCT oil as body fat (more on this later), but peer-reviewed published research also shows that MCT increases metabolism, reduces body fat, and improves insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance (9,10,11). However, just like coconut oil, there is a problem with MCT too. When used on its own it has been known to cause stomach upset—making it unpopular outside high performance athletic and scientific circles.
THE SKINNY ON ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Quality organic extra virgin olive oil has long been recognized for its beneficial health properties (i.e. enhanced micronutrient absorption), but it too has a problem. Olive oil is very high in omega-6 fatty acids, a type of fatty acid known by medical science to cause inflammation – a precursor to many of today’s most deadly health conditions and diseases. A little omega 6 is good, but too much may have a negative effect.
HOW CAN SKINNYFat MAKE YOU SKINNY?
THE FAT IN SKINNYFat IS DIFFERENT THAN OTHER FATS
Fat has gotten a bad rap over the years, but the truth is fat is essential for healthy brain function, hormone production, immune system, and micronutrient absorption to name but a few. However, just like science is now finding out that a calorie is not calorie, and that 100 calories from sugar reacts very differently in the body than 100 calories from fat or 100 calories from protein, science has also discovered that certain types of fats also react in a very unique way in our bodies.
For example some fats like omega 6’s or man-made trans fats can contribute to inflammation leading to disease, while other fats such as omega 3’s and coconut oil can have an anti-inflammatory effect (12), reducing the incidence of disease.
Additionally, while most fats contain 9 calories per gram and are made up of long chains and need bile and enzymatic enzymes to be broken down properly for digestion – others, such as MCT oil, contain only 8 calories per gram and are made up of medium chains which bypass the normal digestion process altogether, delivering immediate energy (13). So you can see the type of fat you provide your body can make a big difference in your overall results. Want to lose weight, enhance mental focus, or increase your energy? Then you are going to want to give your body the right type of fat. You’re going to want to give your body SKINNYFat!
HOW DOES SKINNYFat WORK?
SKINNYFat IS EASILY DIGESTED AND QUICKLY BURNED AS ENERGY – NOT STORE AS BODY FAT (9).
Because MCTs, are used as immediate energy it is nearly impossible to store SKINNYFat as body fat. Which makes SKINNYFat perfect for anyone wanting to lose weight, control hunger, and naturally increase their energy. Here is how it works, the majority of fat in SKINNYFat are MCTs, which do not require bile for digestion and instead are rapidly metabolized by the liver producing something called ketones. Ketones are an alternative form of energy that can be used by both your body and brain.
They provide energy like a carbohydrate, but do not spike blood sugar or stimulate the release of the fat storage hormone insulin the way carbohydrates do (11,14,15,16). Instead, ketones increase your energy levels, rev up fat burning, and enhance mental focus. Dieters will feel more energetic and satisfied while experiencing reduced hunger. And If you workout SKINNYFat and SKINNYFat Olive offer another great bonus. Studies show that MCT burns fat rather than muscle both during and after exercise (17,18).
THE INGREDIENTS IN SKINNYFat HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO HAVE A LONG LIST OF HEALTH AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING BENEFITS:
ENHANCE MICRONUTRIENT ABSORPTION
Although the majority of the fat in SKINNYFat comes from MCTs, which bypasses the normal process of digestion. SKINNYFat was specially formulated to contain just the right amount of Long Chain Triglycerides (LCTs) to stimulates the release of the bile acids need for the proper absorption and utilization of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K as well as other essential micronutrients including carotenoids, calcium, and magnesium.†
IMPROVE BLOOD CHEMISTRY
Using SKINNYFat can help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels, by controlling LDL (small particle BAD) levels and increasing HDL (good) levels (3).†
SKINNYFat is perfect for the more than 25,000,000 Americans with a removed or poorly functioning gallbladder. Because MCTs do not need bile salts or pancreatic enzymes for digestion SKINNYFat puts minimal pressure on the liver to produce bile for long chain fat digestion (13,19). †
BURN BODY FAT
Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that participants who consumed a medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil as part of a 16-week weight loss program lost more total weight, total fat mass, trunk fat mass, intra-abdominal adipose tissue and subcutaneous abdominal adipose than the group that consumed plain olive oil (10).†
STRENGTHEN IMMUNE PROTECTION
The MCT oil and organic virgin coconut oil in SKINNYFat are both antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal (6,7,8). †
PROVIDE QUICK ENERGY & INCREASED METABOLISM
When ingested, SKINNYFat is used almost immediately as energy rather than being stored as body fat, producing a thermogenic, metabolism-boosting response by the body (9,13). †
OPTIMIZE KEY HEALTH FACTORS
The ingredients in SKINNYFat have been shown to optimize the production of thyroid hormones, increase ketone production, regulate blood sugar levels and has been shown to help people with digestive issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s Disease, cystic fibrosis, and Alzheimer’s (5,9,11,19). †
BE SAFE FOR THOSE WITH ALLERGIES
SKINNYFat is safe to use for people suffering from gluten, nut, sesame seed, soybean, wheat, egg, dairy and GMO allergies. †
INCREASE HEART AND BRAIN FUNCTION
The ketone bodies produced by SKINNYFat may actually be the preferred source of energy source for both your heart and brain. This can be particularly beneficial for patients suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or Alzheimer’s (19,22,23). †
ENHANCE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
Perfect for pre and post workouts. SKINNYFat provides hours of sustained energy to support athletic training, muscle strength and stamina during exercise and has been shown to preserve muscle during and after intense exercise, burning off fat rather than muscle (17,18, 21). †
HOW TO USE SKINNYFat
A SIMPLE KITCHEN UPGRADE THAT AMPS UP THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES
SKINNYFat is so delicious and easy to use that you may just forget it’s good for you – But, your body won’t. We created SKINNYFat & SKINNYFat Olive to make it simple to replace the traditional oils that you are currently using, so that you can burn fat, increase energy and enhance your brain function effortlessly.
We love to use SKINNYFat anywhere we would use a high quality virgin oil. Order today and try it in your favorite recipes, including salad dressings, sauces, soups, smoothies, dips, marinades, yogurt, and even ice cream – we use it everywhere*! We’re passionate about the benefits and we know you will be passionate about the results.
*Not recommended for cooking temperatures over 320 degrees
Q & A
Q: DO SOME PEOPLE EXPERIENCE ADVERSE AFFECTS AFTER SKINNYFat?
Q: WHAT ARE SOME SIMPLE WAYS TO USE SKINNYFat IN THE KITCHEN?
(1) Kaunitz H, Dayrit CS. Coconut oil consumption and coronary heart disease. Philippine Journal of Internal Medicine, 1992;30:165-171
(2) Raymond Peat Newsletter, Coconut Oil, reprinted at www.heall.com. http://www.heall.com/body/healthupdates/food/coconutoil.html An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat, A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease
(3) Clark M. Once a villain, coconut oil charms the health food world. The New York Times, March 1, 2011, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/dining/02Appe.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&
(4) Dr. Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., F.A.C.N. Source: Coconut: In Support of Good Health in the 21st Century
(5) Baba, N 1982.Enhanced thermogenesis and diminished deposition of fat in response to overfeeding with diet containing medium-chain triglycerides, Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 35:379
(6) Isaacs CE, Litov RE, Marie P, Thormar H. Addition of lipases to infant formulas produces antiviral and antibacterial activity, Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 1992;3:304-308.
(7) Isaacs CE, Schneidman K. Enveloped Viruses in Human and Bovine Milk are Inactivated by Added Fatty Acids(FAs) and Monoglycerides(MGs), FASEB Journal, 1991;5: Abstract 5325, p.A1288.
(8) Mitsuto Matsumoto, Takeru Kobayashi, Akio Takenakaand Hisao Itabashi. Defaunation Effects of Medium Chain Fatty Acids and Their Derivatives on Goat Rumen Protozoa, The Journal of General Applied Microbiology, Vol. 37, No. 5 (1991) pp.439-445.
(9) Dean W, English J. Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs): Beneficial effects on energy, atherosclerosis and aging. (2012) Retrieved from: http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.php
(10) St-Onge, MP, Bosarge, A. Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 87, No. 3, 621-626, March 2008, http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/87/3/621 ↑
(11) Stubbs RJ, Harbron CG. Covert manipulation of the ratio of medium- to long-chain triglycerides in isoenergetically dense diets: effect on food intake in ad libitum feeding men. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1996 May:20(5):435-44.
(12) A study in the February 2010 issue of “Pharmaceutical Biology” found virgin coconut oil — which is processed at low heat without chemicals — reduced ear and paw swelling in rats, while also inhibiting chronic inflammation.
(13) Fife, B. Coconut oil and medium-chain triglycerides. 2003. Retrieved from: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10612.htm
(14) Reger MA. Henderson ST, Hale C, Cholerton B, Baker LD, Watson GS, Hyde K, Chapman D, Craft S. Effects of beta-hydroxybutyrate on cognition in memory-impaired adults. Neurobiol Aging. 2004 Mar:25(3):311-4.
(15) Kossoff EH, Hartman AL. Ketogenic diets: new advances for metabolism-based therapies. Curr Opin Neurol. 2012 Feb 8
(16) Gasior M, Rogawski MA, Hartman AL. Neuroprotective and disease-modifying effects of the ketogenic diet. Behav Pharmacol. 2006 Sep:17(5-6):431-9. Review.
(17) Nosaka N, Suzuki Y, Nagatoishi A, Kasai M, Wu J, Taguchi M. Effect of ingestion of medium-chain triacylglycerols on moderate- and high-intensity exercise in recreational athletes. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2009 Apr: 55(2):120-5.
(18) Clegg ME, Golsorkhi M, Henry CJ. Combined medium-chain triglyceride and chilli feeding increases diet-induced thermogenesis in normal-weight humans. Eur J Nutr. 2012 Nov.
(19) WebMD, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTS) overview information, Retrieved from: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-915-MEDIUM+CHAIN+TRIGLYCERIDES+MCTs.aspx?activeIngredientId=915&activeIngredientName=MEDIUM+CHAIN+TRIGLYCERIDES+(MCTs)&source=3
(20) Ooyama K, Wu J, Nosaka N, Aoyama T, Kasai M. Combined intervention of medium-chain
triacylglycerol diet and exercise reduces body fat mass and enhances energy expenditure in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008 Apr:54(2):136-41.
(21) Van Zyl CG, Lambert EV, Hawley JA, Noakes TD, Dennis SC. 1996. Effects of medium-chain triglyceride ingestion on fuel metabolism and cycling performance. J Appl Physiol 80: 2217-2225.
(22) Behrend AM, Harding CO, Shoemaker JD, Matern D, Sahn DJ, Elliot DL, Gillingham MB. Substrate oxidation and cardiac performance during exercise in disorders of long chain fatty acid oxidation. Mol Genet Metab (2012) 105(1):110-5.
(23) Mercola J. Coconut Oil: Four Tablespoons of this “Brain Food” May Prevent Alzeimer’s, Dec, 13 2010, retrieved from;http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/12/13/can-this-natural-food-cure-or-prevent-alzheimers.aspx
†These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.